Last week I was thrilled to be awarded the Blogger Recognition Award by Katherine @ Blibliomaniac UK – thank you Katherine, I was both surprised and delighted to be included! You can visit Katherines book review blog @ bibliomanicuk.blogspot.uk or follow her on twitter @Katherinesunde3
RULES OF THE AWARD:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide a link to the post you created.
How my blog started
Back in 2009 I was actively writing reviews on a consumer opinion site. I reviewed anything from shampoo to places I’d visited but my main passion was writing reviews of the many books I read. Anyway, I was googling an author who I’d recently reviewed and really enjoyed to find out when their next book was out and was stunned to see my review quoted (It was Margaret Leroy’s The Drowning Girl if you’re curious) and made me feel that maybe more people would be interested in what I thought about the books I was devouring. I’d been reading reviews from Chick Lit Chloe and loved her website, so decided to give book blogging a go. with my first post in January 2010
Two pieces of advice to new bloggers
1. Get involved in the community. I love it when people comment on the blog and chat to me on twitter. People won’t find you – you have to put yourself out there. Join and make use of twitter and reach out. yes it’s scary, but most of us just want to chat about books too!
2. Keep it fun. Remember this is not your job. It won’t pay the bills or put dinner on the table. In the past, I’ve become overwhelmed with the amount of books I have to read, worrying about whether I’m posting enough, whether I have enough followers. It really doesn’t matter. It’s ok to take a break, post when you feel like it and always, always read what you want to-when you want to. You’ll burn out otherwise.
Fifteen Bloggers I’m Passing This Award On To
A mix of some of my very favourites whose blogs I’ve followed over the last seven years and some new to me blogs I’ve been reading recently. I know a lot of these bloggers have already had this award…but hey, I think they deserve it again 🙂