Brrrr – another cold, snowy Sunday morning! I’m fed up now of the cold weather and so ready for the spring. Doesn’t it seem a long time coming this year? Even the Daffodils seem reluctant to show their faces this year.
It’s been a fairly hectic week for me this week, as I’ve had a lot of training courses to fit in around my usual work pattern and unfortunately haven’t managed much reading at all. It has been a busy week on the blog though, with cover reveals, blog tours and reviews all week. Here’s what I posted over the last seven days:
- I reviewed the excellent A Mother’s Sacrifice by Gemma Metcalfe as part of the blog tour last Sunday
- Monday was my spot on the Best Boomerville Hotel by Caroline James blog tour where I reviewed this fun and witty novel.
- Then on Tuesday another review of Only Child by Rhiannon Navin. I thought this was a difficult but very important read which was beautifully written.
- Wednesday saw my weekly WWW post AND a Cover Reveal for Rosie Green’s new book, Spring at the Littlest Duck Pond Cafe
- On Thursday I welcomed Roz Watkins to the blog with a guest post to kick off The Devil’s Dice blog tour. I’m also hosted a giveaway courtesy of the publishers over on twitter with three hardback copies to giveaway. Find me @Vicki_Cosybooks
- And I was delighted to host another author, this time Rosie Howard talked about combining raising her family with writing The Homecoming
It’s also been a great week for milestones for me. I reached 500 followers on Instagram (find my bookstagram account here) Received both the most visits on one day and the most likes on one day to date on the blog, and finally tippled the 2900 followers mark on twitter after weeks of almost but not quite reaching it! 3000 here we come! I really appreciate the other bloggers who supported me in this by visiting, commenting and sharing my posts – especially as I haven’t been about so much on social media myself this week. I just love the book community!
I’ve had some lovely bookpost this week too. Here’s the new books which made their way onto my shelves this week thanks to publishers and Amazon Vine